Search

The Liebster Award

I was very kindly nominated by Junelle over at Everything About Her for a Liebster award, on her blog you'll find everything from Lifestyle,Travel,Beauty & Fashion! I definitely suggest you check her blog out! Thank you for the nomination Junelle, I'm honoured.
Here is a link to everything you need to know about The Liebster Awards!

11 Random Facts About Me:
#1 - I have blue eyes
#2 - I was born in London (UK) - Currently living in Essex.
#3 - I lived in Ireland for 3 years 
#4 - I love the rain 
#5 - I don't like crisps 
#6 - My whole nail fell off when I was 6, It's never grown back the same.
#7 - I live in my PJs unless I'm in public (well that would be a bit weird)
#8 - I'm an Auntie to four amazing children.
#9 - I love to read 
#10 - I'm shy until I'm comfortable with you
#11 - I'm 20 this year! 

11 Questions Asked By Junelle:

#1. What inspired you to start a blog?
My love for writing and beauty inspired me to start a blog, I always wanted to work within a magazine company and maybe have my own collum but my career path changed and so I guess this is the dream without the pay cheque but it's what I love to do, I've always had a passion for makeup so I guess it was the subject I was going to base my blog on, to be honestly I had no idea what I was getting myself into when I started a blog but now I have SubjectBeauty I'd be lost without it. 
#2. Is there any world/city you found disappointing or underwhelming when you visit it?
No, I feel like any places I've visited are unique in their own way, I've never been disappointed because I don't expect anything of a certain place.
#3. What's one thing you like about my blog?
I know you only asked for one thing but I love the simplicity of your blog and the variety of topics you discuss!
#4. How did you come up with a niche for your blog?
I've always been into beauty, in fact, I'm a beautician and so I guess that's how I decided to base my blog on beauty, I also blog about lifestyle I don't know if it will stop at that my blog could one day turn into something completely different, who knows?!
#5. What makes you smile when you're having a bad day?
A lot can make me smile when I'm having a bad day, my family and boyfriend cheer me up when I'm down but sometimes it can be the little things like a hot bath, a cup of tea and a cuddle on the sofa with some nibbles! Perfect.
#6. What are three things you can't leave the house without?
I cannot leave my house without the lipstick I'm wearing that day for touch ups,the only downside to this is I find lipsticks in every jacket and every bag I own! I also obviously can't leave the house without my phone especially to play games when I'm travelling and hair clips/hair ties.
#7. What quote inspires you the most? 
"Whenever you find yourself doubting how far you can go, just remember how far you have come. Remember everything you have faced, all the battles you have won, and all the fears you have overcome" - Unknown
#8. What are some challenges and difficulties you face as a blogger?
To be honest I find everything about blogging quite challenging in itself, taking pictures, drafting posts, editing a post, editing pictures, sharing your post.. the list goes on and we all do it. I find it challenging because I want it to be perfect before I press publish although there's always something I could have done better but I've only been blogging for nearly a year so I'm still learning every day. I don't know if I'll ever be where I imagine myself to be but as long as I continue to love blogging I'm sure I'll get there after lots of hard work!
#9. What 3 tips would you give new bloggers?
- Only blog if you genuinely love blogging, it makes it so much easier and it will never be a chore but a hobby! 
- Be prepared for hard work,I promise I'm not trying to scare you off! I guess it depends on your future plans for your blog but if you want to make it your career one day then your hard work pays off, do your research!
- Be true to you. What I mean by this is, be honest with yourself and your readers, don't force yourself to write a blog post you're not excited about, if you're reviewing a product say exactly what you think about it, loyal readers will trust your opinion so make sure you're honest.
#10. Assuming money wasn't an issue, what is the one thing you're dying to DO?
Assuming money wasn't an issue I would love to travel the world and explore! 
#11. What are your favourite social media platforms and what clever tips for gaining engagement can you share?
My favourite social media platforms are Twitter,Instagram & Facebook.
My tips for gaining engagement is to post frequently but always remember quality over quantity. 
Twitter - I always schedule tweets while I'm asleep or when I know I won't be able to tweet much that day, I normally schedule a tweet for every hour linking recent blog posts, I also share my other social platforms so readers can be informed of my posts on which platform is easiest for them.
Instagram - I don't use Instagram daily although I definitely update it when I have a new blog post to inform people it's there, a pretty picture also helps! 
Facebook - I've only recently started using Facebook for my blog, I don't find I get much engagement on there compared to Twitter but I still post when I have a new blog post live and I also share it on blogging groups! 

My Nominees are:
Charlotte | Charlotte's Picks
Jasmine | Jasmine Talks Beauty
Lisa | Lisa's World 
Bethany | Oh That's Bethany 
Aimee | Aimee Williams 
Heather | Being Heather Blog
Zoe | Styling The Chapters 
Shellie | Shellie Skillen
Lucy | Lucy Alana  
Bex | Turn Right At The Geese 
Samm | SColvin Beauty

11 Questions for my nominees:
#1. When/Why did you start blogging?
#2. What was the last picture you took on your phone?
#3. What is something you always misplace?
#4. What do you blog about the most?
#5. Tea or Coffee?
#6. If you could be anyone for the day, who would it be and why?
#7. How would you spend a billion pounds?
#8. How do you relax after a hard day?
#9. What are your favourite apps?
#10. If you were stranded on an island and you could only have 3 beauty products what would they be?
#11. Have you got any blogging tips for new bloggers?

Rules: 
- Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
- Write a list of 11 random facts about yourself 
- Answer the 11 questions the nominator has given you 
- Think of 11 questions to ask your nominees 
- Let them know you've nominated them! 
post signature

6 comments

  1. Congrats with the award! Do you want to be friends with me on bloglovin? If yes, just follow me and I'll follow your blog back ASAP!<3 http://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/anna-alina-3947784

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for nominating me ! xx

    www.thelisasworld.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for nominating me lovely-I've got an old version of this post up on my blog already. I love the quote by the way!
    Charlotte // www.charlottespicks.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou very much for nominating me lovely ☺️

    ReplyDelete