Search

Review | Makeup Revolution Salvation Velvet Lacquer

I don't own many matte liquid lipsticks and I thought I'd give it a try when I saw these Make-up Revolution Velvet Lacquers and for £3.00 each why not?! 

Firsts things first, the rose gold packaging was an eye catcher and rose gold anything is pretty right? There wasn't a huge range of colours when I got them but I do believe they sell more on their official website. The colours they did have are so pretty and vibrant and with one swatch 5 were in my basket to put it to the real test..

The packaging is a typical lip-gloss packaging with a transparent plastic tube and a black plastic lid and a rose gold band, simple but does the job! The doe foot applicator is so soft and spongy but with spongy comes quite a lot of product which you don't need a lot of, so distributing this evenly over the lips is quite hard especially as this product dries so fast! 


The colours I chose were: Rebel,Keep Lying For You,What I Believe,Keep Crying For You and Keep Trying For You
I love all these colours as they're all so pigmented, although some are quite bright I wouldn't wear them for  an everyday make-up look myself personally as I think they're way to out there but the brighter colours are defiantly perfect for nights and special occasions. 
The downfall for these Salvation Velvet Lacquers is it feels really powdery on the lips (I know mattes can be drying) but this was overly powdery which can be quite irritating and made me want to scrub it off as soon as it was on but after awhile I got used to it. I'd say these have really good staying power but when they do start wearing off it's very flaky and impossible to touch-up without taking off the existing layer before re-applying. You will defiantly need to re-apply after eating. 
Overall, I do like these Matte Liquid Lipsticks although it has a few cons they're great for the price and they look very flattering on.  
Superdrug - (£3.00)
Makeup Revolution - (£3.00) 

Have you tried this product? What are you thoughts?

1 comment

  1. These seem good for £3 but I think the flaking and powdery feeling would put me off a bit! xx

    Jasmine Talks Beauty

    ReplyDelete