Search

The Beauty Blogger Tag

The Beauty Blogger Tag
I thought today I'd share with you The Beauty Blogger Tag, I was planning on doing a blog post about me and my blog but then I stumbled upon this and thought it'd be a great way to do so! I've read a few beauty bloggers posts of this tag and find them really interesting and it's nice to hear about fellow beauty bloggers thoughts about blogging and what inspired them to blog! 

Without further ado, here are the questions:

#1 - Why did you start blogging and how long have you been blogging for?
I started blogging because if I'm honest I was bored and wanted something to do. I was looking for a product review and clicked on a blog (I'm not sure which one) and I thought I'd give it a go. I didn't think anyone would actually read my blog but I thought it would be a good thing to invest my time in, a bit more productive than watching reality tv, although there is definitely not harm in doing that! I've been blogging for a year in June and I'm honestly quite proud of myself for not giving up on blogging, I honestly thought it would be something I would get bored of and abandon but so far, so good and I'm loving it.

#2 - Whose blog did you fall in love with first?
I don't remember! Once you start reading one blog it unlocks the door to so many others so when I first started reading blogs, I read every blog I could find that interest me! One that I do remember reading quite early on was Sabrina's blog - A Little Obsessed. It was one of the blogs that stood out to me, and I loved the name of it! 

#3 - What was the first blogosphere hyped about product that you brought? Was it worth the hype?
I think the first hyped about blogosphere product I purchased was the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer, I heard so much about it I just had to get it, everyone was raving about it and I wanted to find out why. I think it was definitely worth the hype because I still use it today (I've bought a few since the first). It's a great product and nothing makes my eyes look brighter and more awake!

#4 - What are your five favourite things about blogging and being a Beauty Blogger?

1. I love blogging because there is always something to do or something that needs to be done, I love seeing my blog grow and reading the lovely comment's readers leave on my post! It's nice to know someone is actually reading what I'm writing and I'm not just talking to myself.

2. Reading Blogs - Since I started blogging I've read so many more blogs and discovered so many amazing ones, I feel it's important to support other bloggers because after all as a fellow beauty blogger I know how much hard work can go into one blog post and if it's a good blog post let them know! It's always nice to know your hard work wasn't for nothing. 

3. An excuse to buy more makeup - My boyfriend used to think I was crazy with the amount of makeup I owned and that was before I was a blogger! Now he thinks I'm a makeup obsessed weirdo who's like a magnet to makeup, now I send him to other shops while I shop for makeup because I cannot stand buying makeup under pressure, no no. I could spend 20 minutes staring at one product trying to decide if I should buy it or not when I know I'm just going to end up getting it in the future anyway! As I have a blog to share my thoughts about different products I'm making the most of it, it's so much better than just wearing makeup, let's talk about it too.

4. People - I don't know if it's just me but are all beauty bloggers nice? I haven't had a bad experience when talking to another beauty blogger and I think everyone in the community is so welcoming of new bloggers and helping small blogs grow! In particular #TheGirlGang is a great blogging group to be part of. I think bloggers are a great support to each other, after all, I think bloggers read more blogs than anyone else!

5. Comment/Follows - I cannot tell you how excited I get over a follow (my boyfriend can tell you) I feel it's such a big achievement. It's nice to know someone likes your blog and want to continue to read it! Comment's are lovely too, and they make the hours of writing the post worth it.

#5 - What have you learnt from being a Beauty Blogger?
Being a beauty blogger has taught me so much, I remember names of lipsticks I wouldn't have otherwise known unless I typed it 1000 times whilst writing a blog post about it. On a real note, It's taught me that a good blog takes a lot of time to build, I didn't realise how much work went into a blog before I had my own, I have improved a lot in just a year so I'm excited to see what my blog could be in a few more years!

#6 - Have you changed anything since becoming a Beauty Blogger?
I've learnt to make pictures a little less dull and lifeless but other than that everything else has stayed the same, that's the beauty of blogging you don't have to change anything in order to do it. A nice background, a camera and your thoughts are all you need! 

#7 - What advice would you give a Beauty Blogger just starting out?
Get your blog out there! Let people know it exists, after all your hard work no-one will see it unless you tell them it's there! I made this mistake when I first started out, I always wondered why no-one viewed my blog but it's because no-one knew about it. I now take a few hours a week to promote my blog on anything I can (don't spam though!) It's really helped get my blog out there, I also always schedule tweets about my blog/a new post during the night/day so it's constantly being seen!

#8 - Recommend your top 5 beauty products

- Tarte Tartelette In Bloom Palette 
- Lord and Berry Forever Black Liquid Liner 
- Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer 
- Mac Soar Lipliner 
- I really can't think of a 5th one, It's so hard to cut it down to 5 products I love the most!
post signature
Follow Subject Beauty On;
Bloglovin' | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

2 comments